When users print any spreadsheet using MS Excel, then by default, the spreadsheet program removes the grid lines that separate the cells. If you want to keep the gridlines in the printed document, then you will have to make some changes in the display settings of the spreadsheet. But, Microsoft Excel only shows grid lines for the cells that contain data. In case you wish to print gridlines for all cells, whether filled or empty, then you need to add them to the print area. To learn how to print Excel spreadsheet gridlines, follow the instructions mentioned below.
Ensure the Print Gridlines Option is Chosen
You need to ensure that the print gridlines option is chosen by following the directions provided below:
- First, check if the option of Print gridlines is chosen in Excel.
- Thereafter, select the tab of ‘Page Layout.’
- Now, you should mark the Print box beneath the Gridlines section.
Reducing the Scale to 99 Percent
You can reduce the scale to 99 percent by following the directions provided below:
- Firstly, click on the tab of Page Layout.
- Then select in the box of Scale.
- You should input 99 inside the box of Scale and hit the Return key.
- Now, attempt printing the spreadsheet once again.
Uncheck the Option of Draft Quality
You can uncheck the option of Draft Quality by following the directions provided below:
- First, click on the tab of Page Layout on Excel.
- Thereafter, select the button of Page Setup.
- You should choose the tab of a sheet over the screen of Page Setup.
- Later, untick the box of ‘Draft quality.’
- Now, hit the OK button.
Choose the Best Print Quality
You can choose the best print quality by following the directions provided below:
- Firstly, click on the tab of File.
- After that, select the Print option on the left side.
- Then choose the ‘Printer Properties’ option to invoke a screen.
- You have to choose the tab that contains the print-quality option.
- Now, choose the Best option in case Standard is chosen.
Choose Print to PDF
You can print to PDF by following the directions provided below:
- First, go to the tab of File.
- Thereafter, select the Print option to open the options.
- You should select the button of Print.
- You will see a screen of Print Output and input a title for the PDF file inside the section.
- Then select the button of Save.
- Go to the Portable Document File of a spreadsheet in Adobe Reader or any other PDF software.
- Now, print the spreadsheet through the software of PDF.
Tim Cross is from Ohio USA. Before he started writing blogs he went through various occupations such as teaching, programming and travelling. But his favorite job is writing blogs for antivirus technology for mcafee.com/activate.